Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Page 1

...
Chapter 1
The Orc and the Wizard

Do you believe in destiny? Do you believe in fate? Do you believe in love at first sight? Or the deepest love, forged from deepest hate? Friendship, truth, honor, pain. The list goes on. This is a story of all of these things. The only story that really matters to me right now.

It's also a story of elves and dwarves and little gnomes with fuzzy beards, and hobbits with hairy feet. And wizards and dragons.

And spaceships that shoot laser beams and have force fields, and fly through the stars so many times faster than a beam of light. Or fold space in half so as to leap from one place to another.

And like I said, this story matters. So if you can't take it seriously you should stop reading right here.

This story matters.

...

It begins with me being punched in the face by an orkich woman. The force of it (the blow) caused me to tip over in my seat and go crashing to the ground. Rubbing my eye.

"My man he keep staring at'chu," she'd mentioned just earlier, after sticking a knife into the table just between me and my dinner.

"Errr appologies?" I'd replied.

And that was when she hit me. It was my own fault. You never appologize to an orc. They find it extremely demeaning.

"I said sorry! Sorry!" I explained from the ground. These were of course my second and third mistakes.

No comments: